T: (514) 980-1052 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
An online version of this document that preserves the columns in various sections can be found at http://jeradmcintyre.com.
The purpose of this CV is to get a foot in the door. That's what it is.
It's supposed to make someone look at it and go "They've got things we want. Let's bring 'em in". My objective is to work with people who are passionate about what they do, and take sincere pride in getting a job done well. I'd like to meet you. Here's what I've done so far.
July 2016 - July 2017
SystemD Tech, St. Laurent, QC
Full stack web developer. Day-to-day activities consisted of:
- Communicating with clients and analyzing feature requests for applications
- Writing production code for cloud-based reporting and dashboard software
- Participating in AGILE workflow (i.e. scrums, project planning, time estimates and analysis)
- Writing project documentation, instructional guides, R&D papers
- Development operations, including data transfer of installable web tools, database management, and production code deploys (using FTP, SSH, etc)
Fall 2014 - Summer 2016
Catsys IT & Media, St. Laurent, QC
Web Designer, technician. Day-to-day activities consisted of:
- Maintaining a number of WordPress.org and HTML/Boostrap websites
- Creating new WordPress.org and HTML/Bootstrap websites
- Digital photo editing, creating Google Business pages, social media, SEO, etc...
- Lifting heavy things (one of my most valuable assets)
2013 - 2014
Gazette Vaudreuil-Soulanges, Hudson, QC
Webmaster. Day-to-day activities consisted of:
- Posting all the articles onto website (QuarkXPress -> WordPress)
- Social media interaction and posting
- Enhancing WordPress template with additional HTML / CSS
I have experience with a few specific packages that come up routinely:
- Working in Laravel (object-oriented PHP MVC framework). Developing existing applications, creating new ones, v4.2 -> v5.4. DevOps through Laravel Forge and Digital Ocean.
- Working in Smarty (PHP framework).
- Bootstrap (3 and 4-Alpha).
- Developing Shopify Embedded Applications.
- Git source control familiarity.
- Familiarity with management and time tracking tools (JIRA, Confluence Wiki, Slack, Freshbooks, etc).
- Developing on Google App Engine (using NoSQL Google Datastore, appspot hosting, Cloud SQL).
- Experience developing, and working with APIs. Passion for Hypertext Transfer Protocol.
John Abbott College, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC
Computer Science. Gained experience in the following:
2014-2016: Created, and operated a WordPress.org website for the Bandersnatch Newspaper
Available upon request